This Brazilian Jiu Jitsu class is especially for our “little warriors” ages 4 to 6 years old. If you have ever wanted to introduce mixed martial arts to your child at an early age, now is the perfect chance for your child to learn from some of the best instructors in the country!
This program will introduce Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (BJJ), grappling, and ground self-defense to children ages 4 to 6. In this half hour class they will learn the fundamentals of BJJ, including but not limited to takedowns, basic submissions, and gaining superior ground position. This class is offered twice a week on Mondays & Wednesdays at 515pm until 6pm.
There are a variety of benefits in starting your little one in martial arts early on.
- Brazilian Jiu JItsu builds confidence and self-esteem as well as self-discipline, respect, concentration and courtesy.
- Martial Arts is ideal for children who do not particularly do well in team sports, giving them the ability to flourish this activity, while combining physical and mental practices.
- Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu teaches the students to respect one’s opponent. This helps in controlling tendencies like bad mouthing, foul language and unethical behavior in a child. The child learns to treat everyone with respect. Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu also requires the students to follow a set of ethics. This helps a child in building relationships with his peers and elders.
- Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu can be a good way to stay fit. These days, children have an easy access to sedentary options for entertainment such as internet games and TV. Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu can be an interesting way for your child to stay fit. Learning Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu requires rigorous and compulsory exercise and practice to develop strength and get the technique right. This can help a child check obesity-related issues and gain health.
- Children with special needs, such as ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder), learning difficulties and hyperactivity are often recommended to participate in martial arts for kids because of the clear benefits in its structured training techniques.
Studies have shown that children who learn self-defense at an early age become more assertive and less aggressive. Furthermore, children who know how to defend themselves typically carry themselves in a more confident way.
It’s not all that serious! Our kids’ classes are taught in a safe, fun and exciting environment, where students are not compared to each other, but rather progress at their own pace. The competition is “from oneself to oneself”.
Call now to schedule your child’s FREE 30 minute private lesson, 732.894.3468